Club Liaison and Wellbeing Coordinator
Pushing Barriers Incorporated Association is a not-for-profit association which provides youth with a refugee background, opportunities to play sport
Pushing Barriers is a not for profit association with the primary objective being to advance and improve the lives and welfare of youth with a refugee background by providing them with opportunities and funding to be included and welcomed into Australian culture and society through sport.
Pushing Barriers is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applications from all. We seek to create an organisation that values diversity in age, culture, life experience and ability.
The Club Liaison and Wellbeing Coordinator will build relationships between the sporting clubs, participants, and their families to communicate expectations and monitor participation.
This is a Volunteer position.
- Applications close: 30 November 2021.
- Commencement date: February 2022.
- Location: Brisbane.
- Engagement type: Volunteer until 30 November 2022.
- Time Commitment: No more than 10 hours a week.
- Report to: The Pushing Barriers Program Manager who will supervise you and provide on-going support including on-the-job training.
Key duties and responsibilities
In your role as a Club Liaison and Wellbeing Coordinator, you will be asked to/your tasks will include:
- Establish and maintain good communication between Pushing Barriers and allocated Clubs during the season.
- Establish and maintain contact with team managers and coaches notifying them if participant is unable to train or play, trouble shoot any issues and report any significant information to PB program manager or club.
- Maintain close communication with Pushing Barriers participants ensuring they are informed and updated with training and game details.
- Monitoring of the overall well-being of the player and report any concerns or incidents to the Program Manager.
- No less than twice a year (mid and end of season) provide a report to the Program Manager outlining what elements of the program are working well and identified improvements
- Ensure all players have required club uniforms and suitable footwear
- Communicate with PB volunteer drivers who transport participants to/from training and games through the season if any changes in scheduled activity
- Transport participants to/from training and games through the season
- Coordinate end of season attendance at functions including RSVP’s from players, also liaising with PB regarding end of season team gifts for coaches and managers and photographs
Skills, qualifications, or experience required for role
We are looking for a volunteer with the following skills, qualifications, or experience to fill this volunteer role:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working with youth aged 12 – 18 years.
- Previous experience in working in multicultural organisations or environments.
- Access to a computer and mobile phone.
- Access to a car
- Knowledge of additional languages including Arabic, Farsi, French, Swahili is desirable.
Valid certifications/licenses required for role
- Queensland Working with Children Check also known as a Blue Card.
- Australian Open driving licence.
- InterCheck (Criminal history check) approval.
Background checks for role
Pushing Barriers is an organisation that seeks to comply with the National Child Safe Organisation requirements and therefore takes seriously its obligation to develop and sustain a child safe environment. We are committed to recruiting dedicated, passionate volunteers who have the skills and experience appropriate for this role.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please proceed to the following application form at https://form.jotform.co/80883912744869 or submit an application to email@example.com. The Program Manager will be in touch to organise a meeting to assess your eligibility to become a volunteer. You will be asked to bring the following information to that meeting:
- Photo ID
- Driver’s License
- Blue Card
For more information
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we handle all personal information in accordance with privacy laws. For more information on Pushing Barriers please visit http://pushingbarriers.org/.