Communications & Marketing intern
Pushing Barriers Incorporated Association is a not-for-profit association which provides youth with a refugee background, opportunities to play sport
Pushing Barriers is a not for profit association with the primary objective being to advance and improve the lives and welfare of youth with a refugee background by providing them with opportunities and funding to be included and welcomed into Australian culture and society through sport.
Pushing Barriers is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applications from all. We seek to create an organisation that values diversity in age, culture, life experience and ability.
The Communications and Marketing officer will work closely with the Program Manager to create and implement contemporary communication products to raise awareness of Pushing Barriers impact.
This is a Volunteer position.
- Commencement date: January 2022.
- Location: Brisbane.
- Engagement type: Volunteer until 30 November 2022.
- Time Commitment: No more than 10 hours a week.
- Report to: The Pushing Barriers Program Manager will coordinate your tasks.
Key duties and responsibilities
As the Communications and Marketing officer, you may be asked to:
- Participate in developing Pushing Barriers Communications Strategy including identifying appropriate best in class approaches to raising awareness of Pushing Barriers impact.
- On a regular basis develop and distribute content, which may include:
- researching and writing stories on participants and events.
- conducting interviews with key stakeholders.
- assist with collation of photos and videos.
- create and distribute content for Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Assist in planning major fundraising events during the year including advising on marketing tasks and products.
- Participate in Pushing Barriers core activities such as driving participants to sporting events.
Skills, qualifications, or experience required for role
We are looking for a volunteer with the following skills, qualifications, or experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an appreciation of diversity.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Access to a computer and mobile phone.
- Access to a car
Valid certifications/licenses required for role
- Queensland Working with Children Check also known as a Blue Card.
- Australian Open driving licence.
- InterCheck (Criminal history check) approval.
Background checks for role
Pushing Barriers is an organisation that seeks to comply with the National Child Safe Organisation requirements and therefore takes seriously its obligation to develop and sustain a child safe environment. We are committed to recruiting dedicated, passionate volunteers who have the skills and experience appropriate for this role.