Pushing Barriers Incorporated Association is a not-for-profit association which provides youth with a refugee background, opportunities to play sport
Pushing Barriers is a not-for-profit association with the primary objective being to advance and improve the lives and welfare of youth with a refugee background by providing them with opportunities and funding to be included and welcomed into Australian culture and society through sport.
Pushing Barriers is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applications from all. We seek to create an organisation that values diversity in age, culture, life experience and ability.
The Volunteer Coordinator will support the recruitment, training and retention of between 30 – 40 volunteers.
Applications close: 30 November 2021.
Commencement date: 1 February 2022.
Engagement type: until 30 November 2022.
Time Commitment: Approximately 25 hours a week and availability at weekends for dealing with issues/changes if required
Renumeration: Minimum Award rates
Report to: The Pushing Barriers Program Manager who will supervise you and provide on-going support including on-the-job training.
Key duties and responsibilities
In your role as a Volunteer Coordinator, you will be asked to
- Recruit, screen and induct volunteers to ensure they are aware of their obligations as volunteers.
- Participate in targeted volunteer training activities.
- Manage the Volaby volunteer management system.
- Roster volunteers to weekly activities through Volaby.
- Review Volaby activity reports weekly, alerting Program Manager to issues or concerns reported by Volunteers.
- Participate in critical incident management and reporting.
- Undertake regular audits to ensure that all volunteers comply with WWCC legislation.
- Manage the volunteer information through the Queensland Blue Card Portal.
- Develop and sustain effective communication with volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Registrations officer and Program Manager.
Skills, qualifications, or experience required for role
We are looking for a person with the following skills, qualifications, or experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in working in multicultural organisations or environments.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Access to secure internet access. (Pushing Barriers will supply laptop and mobile phone)
- Access to a car.
- Previous experience in service coordination desirable.
- Previous experience with databases desirable.
Valid certifications/licenses required for role
- Queensland Working with Children Check also known as a Blue Card.
- Australian Open driving licence.
Background checks for role
Pushing Barriers is an organisation that seeks to comply with the National Child Safe Organisation requirements and therefore takes seriously its obligation to develop and sustain a child safe environment. We are committed to recruiting dedicated, passionate candidates who have the skills and experience appropriate for this role.
How to apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should address the skills, knowledge and experience mentioned above.
The Program Manager will be in touch to organise a meeting to assess your eligibility.
For more information
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Tracy at email@example.com. Please note that we handle all personal information in accordance with privacy laws. For more information on Pushing Barriers please visit http://pushingbarriers.org/.